Friday, May 20, 2011

Stone Soup Festival

Nearly a month after my last post and two weeks after the Stone Soup Festival, I finally update this blog thing.  I'm not sure what was going on with our weather here but the morning of the festival felt more like the first week of October rather than the first week of May.  It rained, it hailed and the sun took a peek behind the clouds for a brief moment.  Nugget and I arrived at 10:30 am to set up.  


 This was our view for most of the day.



It wasn't a total bust though.  A few friends stopped by and I managed to sell a few items in the five hours we were there.  My mom took transit all the way from White Rock to show support and was my first sale of the day, a California Roll pin.  My mom's the best.



We decided to quit a couple of hours early because of the downpour.  Our feet were soaked and we were freezing cold but it was still a lot of fun.  I enjoyed hanging out with Aimee and Virginia and seeing how strangers reacted to my work.  It was a great first time experience and it inspired us to sign up for Artful Sundays in August on Commercial Drive.  Hopefully the weather will be nicer then.

No comments:

Post a Comment