Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pay It Forward 2011: Ginger Cat Pen Cozy for Laura

Laura, our Lighting Supervisor at work and one of the people behind the Tap 'n Cap iPhone App, was next on my list for Pay It Forward 2011. When I asked her what she wanted she said a Ginger Cat Pen Cozy.
A what?  You ask?

I shall explain!  Flashback to a few months ago at work, Laura started using those new Sharpie pens for taking notes.  She said they work great.  Her only complaint was the silver coating on the pen left glitter on her hands.  I told her I would make her a pen cozy.  The next day I gave her this:

It's a bear pen cozy wearing a scarf.

I decided that this time I would knit the entire thing, not like the bear which had a crocheted head sewn on top of a knitted tube body.  I figured this would be a good opportunity to practice decreases and increases.  
This was my sketch.


This is the finished Ginger Cat Pen Cozy...completely knitted with an embroidered face.  The tail was a last minute addition.


Pay It Forward gifts #3 and #4 are in progress.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment