Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pay It Forward 2011: Carrots for Maggie... UPDATE!

I'm happy to report that my first Pay It Forward gift arrived safely. Success!  And then it was paid forward to someone else which is very very cool.  Here`s why...

Back when I first posted the carrots on Facebook, this thread of comments happened:

February 21, 2009 at 8:12pm

Mags: ‎..how big are they? I think my grandmother would LOVE them.

Me: They're about 6.5" to 7". Will that satisfy your grandmother?
The one on the left is wearing a stupid party hat.

Mags: ..I think they are fantastic. Whatever size they are! (usually I am far more picky)

Me: If you want them, they're yours, Maggie.

Mags: You are a saint. You'll make an old lady very happy.. 

I seriously thought she was joking.  So I was pleasantly surprised to find this posted on my Facebook wall with the note below:


Gramma loved your carrots. She says you are a beautiful and even knitter, she's very impressed with your technique in adding the pirate patch and party hat. She's got a commission for you.


I heart this so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment