Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sports Related Head Gear and Gnomes... No Relation.

I meant to post a picture of this a while ago but forgot.  This was my first Alchemy request on Etsy from a lovely woman in Chicago.  This was also my first attempt at recreating a sports team logo.  I had major concerns about getting the Chicago Bears logo on model but I think it turned out pretty well.  It's not perfect but I think that's part of the charm of hand-made.



This hockey helmet hat was a commission from a friend in Prague for his toddler son.  Again, I had my concerns about getting the Habs logo on model but I think it worked okay.  Posting this on Facebook triggered three more hockey helmet hat orders.  I think the Viking Hat has some competition now.



Between the sports related head gear and the viking hats I made this:



This was another commission from my friend Karen (brown bear hat).  Her original request was for just a Gnome Hat that she can wear on Halloween, and if I had time, maybe throw in a moustache.  I really wanted to throw in a beard.    So I devised a cowl/neckwarmer that she can pull up on her face for a moustache-beard combo or she can wear it under a coat with the moustache tucked in for a cozy neckwarmer.  I think I'll put this up in my Etsy shop after Christmas.  I bet it would look cool with the Viking hat too.

1 comment:

  1. awesome...for both...Next halloween I am am going as a Garden gnome..>I will have to remember you.
    How much are the hockey hats? Do you have time to do another one for me for Christmas (of the Ottawa Sens variety) my friend would love it!

    Let me know!

    ReplyDelete