Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Few Commissions... in Brown

My Etsy shop has been a little slow the last couple of weeks which is kind of nice.  I haven't actually been doing anything to promote the shop lately but so far I'm getting about one viking hat order a week, a pace I'm quite happy with.  I'm not feeling panicked and I have time to take on a few commissions from friends between viking hat orders.   I love doing commissions especially when they pose a creative challenge.  This one came from my friend Karen (who I've been bugging to get an Etsy shop set up.  She makes amazing felt robots).  A month or so ago she sent me this photo requesting this hat:


This is my version of it.


Completed September 8, 2010

Then last week I got a message from sweet Angela requesting a hat and mittens for her beautiful baby girl, Penny, based on this sketch she sent.  It's a really tiny image:



This is my work in progress...


I learned how to chain stitch in order to embroider the snowflake on the hat and mittens.



I'm just finishing up the mitten strings on these babies and I'm done.

UPDATE:
Here is the finished hat and mittens.
 

Completed Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment