Sunday, August 8, 2010

Busy With Birthdays

July and August are busy months for me because that's when my two favourite people celebrate their birthdays.  A few weeks ago we celebrated Rutty's birthday by hiking up the Chief and barbecuing in Langley. I'm just a little late to post about it.



At the top of the second peak of the Chief in Squamish.



The view from the top.





This is the cake I baked for Rutty.  The original plan was to have a Scott Pilgrim themed party in August to coincide with the release of the movie but things changed partly because Jubbs and Teeners leave for Singapore in a few days, but that's a whole other heartache that I may elaborate on later.  Anyway, Rutty was very specific about his Scott Pilgrim cake.  I had the image printed on a sheet of icing from Picture Your Cake and I put it on a double chocolate cake a la Duncan Hines.  I am not a baker. 

Now it's August which means it's prep time for Nugget's birthday.  We try to keep her birthday parties small, only five little girls this year, and I try to do something special with her goody bags.  This year Nugget wanted a Sushi themed party so I designed some cute sushi characters that I put on her invites and made iron on transfers that I put on little canvas bags.  




With all my viking hat orders (I finished two hats and shipped them in the last two weeks!) I wanted to get as much of Nugget's birthday things done ahead of time to avoid panic and disappointment.  Most of the planning is done.  I will have more photos after her party.

No comments:

Post a Comment