Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pre-Birthday Weekend

I am a VERY lucky person to have the most awesome people in my life. This morning my darling daughter got up at 7am to bake me a cake all by herself. I woke up to the noise of cupboard doors opening and pans clanging in the kitchen and I went in to check on Nugget.
She turned to me from her mixing bowl and said "Why are you up?" I said I just wanted to make sure she had the oven on properly and she rolled her eyes at me and said "I took care of it already". And she did. She had everything in order and I was very impressed. I think I instructed her on one thing in my sleepy haze and she did the rest. She even fed the dog!
It took all of her might to resist icing the cake while it was still warm. Nugget is not one for patience but she held back and let the cake fully cool. I think taking her out for a long walk down Robson Street helped. This was Nugget icing the cake this afternoon.

My finished birthday cake. Nugget did a wicked job!

Then Rutty took me to the Malkin Bowl at Stanley Park to see Metric in concert.

I LOVE Metric.

No comments:

Post a Comment