Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sickies and Hats, Not Necesarrily in that Order.

A plague hit our home last week and everyone was sick as a dog...except for our dog. After days of gross things coming out of both ends, hacking coughs and fevers that took forever to break, things are starting to feel normal again. Sort of. Rutty went to the clinic this morning to get his horrible cough checked out and the doctor told him it was a virus that lasts 3 weeks. No meds. So basically, suck it up. I think we both lost about ten pounds each just in the last few days. The worst for Nugget was the fever but once that broke, she was fine. She has the occassional cough but not as bad as Rutty and none of the stomach issues I got. Lucky girl. I spent most of yesterday disinfecting the entire house and today was more cleaning and laundry. Exciting.

In other news, JP our Comp Supervisor at work, and his family, welcomed the arrival of their son. I started knitting this hockey helmet hat for him last week but stopped during the sickies and then finished it the other day. After watching House last night, I made sure to wash it before wrapping it up.





Completed April 1, 2010

1 comment:

  1. hi! My best friend just moved to Ottawa to play in the CCHL and i wanted to make something for him and found this in my search and couldn't leave it even though I couldn't find the pattern. I was wondering if you'd share this pattern, and if it comes in a full grown (kinda large) head size?

    ReplyDelete