Saturday, August 15, 2009

Birthday Pressies and Other Stuff

Another Viking Hat...
with chin straps so it doesn't fly off her head while snowboarding.
I actually finished this back in July but didn't post it because it was a birthday present for Teeners and I wanted to wait to give it to her. I've spoiled enough birthday surprises by posting it first. Her birthday was at the end of July, we went to Saskatchewan, life's events held up giving this to her sooner and I just finally gave it to her last night.



Completed July 27, 2009.

Balls!

This is Palomino's Blue Ball Birthday Scarf. I designed this scarf specifically to cater to Samanta's love of balls. There are varying sizes of fiber-filled crocheted balls sewn onto this scarf with a few strategically placed so that when worn, balls hit her chin.



Completed August 4, 2009

Saskatchewan Road Trip

I started Sam's scarf the morning we left on our road trip to Saskatchewan. It was a 12 hour drive to Calgary which was our first overnight stop. I finished the main part of the scarf before it got dark during the drive. Before we even got to Saskatchewan I finished making all the balls and couldn't continue because I didn't bring any fiber fill with me. That was day 2 of the trip. Not expecting to finish the scarf so quickly, I hadn't packed any other projects with me and I was sad and sort of bored. Day 4 of our trip we stopped at a Walmart in Saskatoon before heading back home and I bought 3 skeins of yarn that was a mix of blue, beige and brown and started on a baby blanket for my new nephew that's due in September. This was me for most of the drive back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment