Saturday, July 25, 2009

Scott Pilgrim

To say Rutty is a Scott Pilgrim fan is a bit of an understatement. Last year he got me to ask Toady to bring him back a Scott Pilgrim shirt from Comic Con. He got me to read the books... I'm on book three...what? I've been busy. He also persuaded me to take this picture and enter the Not In New York Contest. We didn't win:( When he heard that Scott Pilgrim was being made into a movie, I think he just about peed himself he was so excited. And all the places we're going to visit in Toronto in September... are all the places from the comic book. Maybe we'll fit Sam's wedding in there somewhere between visiting Honest Ed's and Sneaky Dee's.

So for Rutty's birthday this year it only made sense to make him his very own Scott Pilgrim doll...uh...action figure.



I've been thinking of making him since May but only started on it last Sunday. I asked Rutty to send me reference for what outfit he wanted him in. There's a surprisingly short supply of colour reference online so I made up his shoes and gave him white tube socks with red stripes. His grey jeans roll up for when it gets hot out.



I followed the instructions in Beth Doherty's book: Amigurumi! Super Happy Crochet Cute for the basic shape, like I did with Penelope and Honey.



Completed Saturday, July 25, 2009 (3AM...hardcore)
Happy Birthday, Rutty! <3


Next on my list is Ramona...then Kim Pine...then Stephen Stills... then the evil boyfriends, umm... so they can fight... apparently...

No comments:

Post a Comment