Saturday, April 11, 2009

Creative Resolution Fail

Life and Strep Throat has gotten the best of me. My goal of creating something every week pretty much failed. After all the Superhero Dance stuff I made a birthday party invite for Nugget's god brother but I'm not really comfortable posting it since it has his photo on it and confidential info regarding the party. It parodies the logo of one of those Disney Channel kid shows that Nugget's age group seems to love and I don't. I had fun doing it though. Nugget's godmother has been trying to get me to post photos of all the invitations I've done in the past. Next to Nugget, she seems to be my biggest fan.

100 Amigos

Last Friday we went to the 100 Amigos art show at El Kartel on Robson Street., 100 artists and all the original artwork was $150. Rutty and I hauled Nugget to the show past her bedtime to expose her to the artwork of some of Vancouver's best local talent, a few of which are good buds of ours (Durka and Pikey just to name a couple). I ended up buying a piece by Eli Horne, an artist I'm not really familiar with. I love drawings and paintings of hands. Which reminds me, I should bug Patricia about my Art of Indecision prints. I don't get to take my painting home till my birthday in June. It's going in my office at work.



Poopers

I'm on my third month on this Colonix cleanse. I'm pretty much the last man standing from the original group of us that started this in January. I inherited the unfinished kits from a couple of the others making it enough for three months. Still no really weird intestinal alien spore babies. It makes me wonder what kind of horrible crap people eat to get the kind of shits they're having in the photos on the cleanse site. I'm slightly disappointed that my colon hasn't produced anything incredibly bizarre but that's probably a good thing.

I started knitting a hat tonight. I was due for some knit therapy.


No comments:

Post a Comment