Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bloggety Blog Blog Blog....Blog...(blog)

Oh hey. Let's jump on the blog band wagon. OKAY!

I'm not much of a New Year's resolution person because I've noticed that if I decide to do something and it gets called a "resolution" it gets abandoned pretty quickly. Call it a "challenge" and my stubborn nature won't back down, except for maybe when I challenge myself to not to eat chocolate. I'm not really sure why that's so difficult when last year on February 1st, I challenged myself to not buy any new clothes for a year. I'm quite proud to say that I only have 17 days left on this challenge. It's still unbelievable that I managed to last this long. Me, the person who considered going shopping a form of exercise and thus did it every weekend and sometimes midweek, has only 17 days left...and it will officially be a year of no new clothes. First new article of clothing on my 'to buy' list? A pair of jeans. I. Can't. Wait.

With one challenge coming to an end, a new one must take its place. It's like the law or something. You know, cause life isn't enough of a challenge? I'm not really sure why I feel the need to add more to my already heaping plate of stuff to do but anyway, this year's challenge is a creative one. I'm going to try to complete one project of an arts and craft nature every week. And hopefully posting my creative feats will also get me to keep this blog thing up to date. It's been about two weeks. These things seem so old now since these pics have already been posted on Facebook but this is what I've done so far starting from the most recent.




Completed January 11th, 2009: A pair of fuzzy wrist warmers. The answer to the Nugget's request for gloves that are DS player friendly and also allow for a good grip on the monkey bars.




Completed January 9th, 2009. A pair of cozy pink wrist warmers with flowers. A birthday gift for a little girl in Nugget's class.



I kicked off the new year by doing something that didn't involve yarn and knitting needles. This was something I've been wanting to do for months and never got around to doing, combining two of my most favourite things...bacon and vodka. Bacon Vodka!

I bottled this on January 5th, 2009, and gave it to my bosses as a New Year's present. And by New Year's present, I mean a very late Christmas present. Their reaction was something between confused and ewww.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, did any of the bosses try it yet? How does it taste, not that I'd ever try... b/c it's bacon... and... vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait - you went a year without buying any new clothes?! What about thrift stores? this idea intrigues me.... Rebecca (Yasmin's friend)

    ReplyDelete